lunes, 26 de agosto de 2013

Don't drive here LIMA

Don't drive here is a Discovery Channel's program that showed the chaotic traffic here in Lima. I have to confess I felt bad when I saw this documentary.

Well as we know here in Lima we have different kind of vehicles to move from one point to another point, but Do we respect traffic rules? I don't think so. Most of the people who live in Lima suffer the traffic jam every day where also sometimes cars are the responsibles of lots car accidents.

I recomend you to watch this documentary about traffic in lima and check by your own how terrible it is live here.



Well At the end of this video I guess that we are agree about the bad things which are happening every day on roads. So we have much to do to change traffic in lima. In my opinion the problem begin from public transportation drivers up to private drivers because all the time drivers want to be the first on the roads, and they just ignore traffic signals and also ignore traffic lights specially after midnight. So where are our policemen? It is assumed that they are there to enforce the traffic rules.

At the end of it I have to say that Peru and also Lima have beautiful things where tourist can enjoy in their visit but traffic is considered one of the worse things that a tourist could experience

4 comentarios:

  1. I agree with you Alan . Traffic in lima is terrible! you can not arrive on time your home, university or job . I really hate rush hour because It's when there is more traffic. In my opinion, I think there are many publics transportation in lima. Our goverment needs to reduce them. this is the only one way to solve this big problem!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Oh my! I didn't know that there's this kind of documentary about traffic....in Lima. It's a little bit embarrassing to see it, because this ugly part of Lima is showed on TV, so everyone can watch it.... I don't imagine what kinds of comments do people have about it.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Driving in Lima is like a horror movie, nobody respects the rules and there are accidents every day, I think that the biggest problem is the informality, a good example is shown in the video, in Lima there are more taxis than in New York.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Thanks Alan, I had heard about this documental but hadn't had the oportunity to see it. As a daily driver, I go through this inferno every day, and it's exactly as it have been shown.

    It's a shame, but is true! Called the authorities' attention, expecting they do something to solve this problem. As a poor country, it is imposible to eliminate some kind of transport methods, like the "carretillas", but I strongly believe that the real problem is that there are no rules neither a transport plan, nor an authority to put order. As it was told in the documentary, everybody does whatever wants, and every body wants to be the first, so that all the people push with their cars at risk to hurt somebody and cause a lot of accidents.

    In my oppinion, the first step it would be to eliminate the "combis", and then to rule the taxis' system, but in any case we have to keep waiting our governors to do something about that. In the middle time I suggest to be carefull and drive slow to avoid any accident.

    ResponderEliminar